Hybrid variants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hybrid variants

Question, what would stats be for a Avian (Bird) Hybrid look like? Also would insect hybrids (or close to) i.e. Spider (arachnid) , ant, wasp, etc?

If it worked, and that's a really big if, then it would be the Avion race from the core rules - maybe removing the Reduced Pace and giving them a Horn ability for talons.
    It probably wouldn't work.
    a) Angel winged flying characters is not cyberpunk. It's very anime, and very cool, but not cyberpunk. So it probably shouldn't be allowed for thematic reasons.
    b) The physics are silly. Needing a 22 foot long wing out of each side to fly is wildly impractical.

Insects are so far removed from human genetics that they probably can't be safely hybridized.
    Side note, all insect features are liabilities when scaled up to human scale. Compound eyes are vulnerable, delicate, and terrible for ranges beyond a few meters. Book lungs are wildly inefficient. Exoskeletons don't function at human scale, since the increased mass exceeds the structural strength. Etc.

Comment

• ConflictedDevil
      ConflictedDevil commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for your response and yeah many big IF's and physical impossibility. Though what do you think about a simian (monkey hybrid)?

• ValhallaGH
      ValhallaGH commented
      Editing a comment
      ConflictedDevil Simian hybrids sound cool. I'd probably reskin Rodentia for small primates (monkeys) and Bear / Ursine for large primates (gorilla, orangutan, etc.). That's a full reskin, with "hardened knuckles" as claws, etc.

ConflictedDevil

I think simians are good idea.

Off the top of my head I'd say they get a D6 Agility, +1 bonus to Athletics checks, -1 size, and some other 2 point hindrance

Comment

• ConflictedDevil
      ConflictedDevil commented
      Editing a comment
      Hurray i'd probably say quirk territorial or alpha complex similar to what the goat hybrids have. Also does that extent to gorillas and apes or is that a different story altogether?

• gunmetaldave
      gunmetaldave commented
      Editing a comment
      For Apes or Gorillas, I'd change the attribute bonus to Strength, keep the Athletics bump, and give them a Size negative ability (-2 points), then maybe reduce pace by 1.
Working...
X